Our St. Simons Island fishing charters are divided into four main categories: Inshore, Shark and Tarpon, Deep Sea, and Kids Trips. Our boat is designed to fish offshore and inshore, so if you want to catch Trout in the morning and Sharks in the afternoon, we can do that. This isn’t meant for you to have to choose a specific trip, but as a guide for you to understand what is available and to help us know what you are most interested in so that we can tailor your fishing trip to fit your goals.
Of course, you can always choose a “best bite” trip also known as “Captain’s Choice” where the captain will decide where you have the best chance of catching a lot of fish. As always, give us a call if you have any questions!
Charter Fishing Prices are below for each type of trip. If you are calling around for prices please consider this before you decide;
- For inshore fishing, shark and tarpon, and nearshore reef fishing I run a 2013 model 243 Everglades. This is a top shelf boat that I spared no expense on. It is always clean and professionally maintained. I bought this boat because it is perfectly designed for our fishery and provides maximum comfort for you and your group. You will not have to sit on a cooler. Ladies have a porta potty as well.
- For Deep Sea Fishing I run a 27 foot Hell’s Bay Cape Sable. This is an outstanding offshore fishing machine and is captained by either myself, Capt. Scott Owens, or Capt. Rob Aldridge.
- I offer a “No Catch No Pay Guarantee”. Many guides don’t do this. Some will say I’m crazy for doing it. I am confident that I can put you on fish even though some days it isn’t easy. I haven’t had to run a free trip yet and I can’t say with 100% certainty that the day won’t come that we take a skunk. But if that day comes, I’m prepared for that day to be on the house. In other words, I put my money where my mouth is.
- My tackle is new and typically replaced every year. It won’t fall apart in your hands or cost you a fish.
- I am a lifetime resident and fisherman. I didn’t just move here and decide to be a guide. I worked my way up from a first mate.
- Not every guide is willing to run as far as necessary to get you on the fish. While it is important for me to make money and provide for my family, I will burn every drop of gas out of the boat if I need to in order to get you on the fish.
- Not every guide includes bait in his prices. My prices include bait.
- I keep it laid back on my boat. I won’t bark at you if we miss a fish. But I am always working for you and doing everything possible to make sure you have a great day of fishing.
- My language is “kid safe”.
Please know that I am not saying I’m the only good captain here in the Golden Isles. There are several excellent guides and if I am booked or if I don’t feel like I am the best fit to accomplish what you are trying to do, I will gladly refer you to another quality guide with the same standards.
To reserve a day, we will need:
- Your Email Address
- Cell Phone Number
- The Day You Would Like To Go
- The Length of Trip You Would Like
- Number of People
- A Credit Card Number (the card isn’t charged, only held on file until after your trip)
After you book your fishing trip, I will send you a reservation with the directions to your desired pick up location and all other pertinent information that you will need to know.
Things that are provided on your trip are:
- Bait and Tackle
- A Cooler Iced Down for Your Drinks
- Bottled Water
- Fish Cleaning and Bagging
- Dry Towels
- Bug Spray (rarely needed)
- Hand Sanitizer
Although I have sunscreen and bug spray on the boat, I recommend that you bring your own if you have a certain kind that you like.
Things that you should bring are:
- Sunglasses (polarized if you have them. I usually have a spare set on the boat just in case)
- Non Marking Shoes if Possible (Black Soled Shoes Leave Marks on the Boat)
- An Empty Cooler to Leave in Your Car if You Decide to Keep Your Fish
- Anything That You Would Like to Drink Other Than Water (Alcohol is Permitted)
Inshore fishing will take you into the rivers and bays around St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island in search of fish including Sea Trout, Flounder, Redfish, Tripletail, Black Drum, Sheepshead, and more. Most fish range between 12 and 30 inches in length but it is common to see certain species caught that exceed that. This is a great trip for staying in calm waters with great scenery and catching some great eating fish. This is also a great charter if you are concerned about sea sickness or if you really want to see Georgia’s vast marsh eco-system.
Our inshore fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 5 people per boat.
Inshore Fishing for Trout, Redfish, Flounder, Tripletail, Ladyfish, Black Drum, and Sheepshead:
Prices are for 1 to 2 anglers. Add $50 for each additional angler (maximum of 5, recommend 4 or less). Gratuities are not required but are certainly appreciated.
- 4 hours: $400
- 6 hours: $500
- 8 hours: $600
Shark and Tarpon / Reef / Bull Redfish
Shark and Tarpon fishing charters are our most popular summer trip. These trips take you anywhere from 1 to 8 miles from land but never leave sight of land. Shark and Tarpon are very large fish ranging from 40 pounds to 200 pounds so needless to say, they put up a great fight. This is an excellent trip for larger groups and for those that want to catch the biggest fish possible.
Our shark and tarpon fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 6 people per boat.
Reef fishing charters take you to the reefs between 8 and 15 miles offshore of St. Simons Island. These trips are great for those that want a shorter trip or aren’t comfortable going way offshore. We will target, depending on the season, Sea Bass, Barracuda, Kingfish, Cobia, Sheepshead, Spanish Mackerel, and Spadefish. Reef fishing can be combined with Shark or Tripletail fishing during the summer months. Just let me know if you would like to customize your trip.
Reef fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 6 people per boat.
Bull Redfish charter are a Fall special. The big Redfish move into the sounds, rivers, and the sandbars just off the beach to feed on the abundant baitfish and to spawn. Bull Reds grow to be over 40 inches and put up a great fight. It is not uncommon to have double and triple hook ups or to catch over 10 big Reds on a 4 hour trip. We can also fish for Whiting while we are waiting on the big bites or combine a Bull Red trip with an inshore trip on a full day booking.
Bull Redfish charters are available for 4, 6, or 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 6 people per boat.
Shark, Tarpon, Bull Redfish, and Reef Fishing out to 10 miles:
All prices cover 1 to 3 anglers. Add $50 for each additional angler (maximum of 6 anglers).
- 4 hours: $450
- 6 hours: $550
- 8 hours: $650
Deep Sea Fishing
Deep Sea Fishing or “Offshore Fishing” as you will hear most locals refer to it, takes you as far as 50 miles offshore depending on the length of trip that you book, current fishing conditions, and your comfort level. This is a serious trip for hardcore anglers. We target anything from Sea Bass, Snapper, Grouper and other bottom dwellers to Kingfish, Cobia, Barracuda, Mahi, and Amberjack. All are great to eat and fun to catch.
We aim to please, so if you prefer to troll, bottom fish, or cast light tackle just let us know and we will customize your trip so that you spend your day doing what you like most. Of course, we are always willing to help you decide based on what we are seeing out on the water.
Our deep sea fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hour trips and accommodate up to 6 people.
Deep Sea Fishing out to 30 miles for Kingfish, Amberjack, Sea Bass, Spadefish, Cobia, and Barracuda:
Prices cover 1 to 3 anglers. Add $50 for each additional angler (maximum of 6).
- 6 hours: $750
- 8 hours: $850
- 10 hours: $1,000
- Snapper Banks trips: Full day $1,200
Kids Fishing Trips
Our kids fishing trips are designed to deliver steady action and a variety of species. Our goal is for your children to not have to learn the time honored virtue of patience on this trip. We target fish such as Whiting, Sharks, Bluefish, Stingrays, and anything else that is willing to eat a bait. Sometimes we are even able to net some harmless Cannonball Jellyfish for them to inspect. We let them drive the boat if they want, play with the washdown hose, or chase the bait around the livewell with a dip net… anything for them to have fun fishing. Parents are optional!
Our kids fishing trips are 2 hours long and have special pricing.
Kids Fishing Trips for Sharks, Whiting, Bluefish, Stingrays, and anything else that will keep it fun:
Price is for 1 to 3 people. Add $25 for each additional person (maximum of 6)
- 2 hours: $275
- 3 hours: $325