Golden Isles, Georgia Fishing Charter Information
Our St. Simons Island fishing charters are divided into four main categories: Inshore, Shark and Tarpon, Deep Sea, and Kids Trips. Our boat is designed to fish offshore and inshore, so if you want to catch Trout in the morning and Sharks in the afternoon, we can do that. This isn’t meant for you to have to choose a specific trip, but as a guide for you to understand what is available and to help us know what you are most interested in so that we can tailor your fishing trip to fit your goals.
Of course, you can always choose a “best bite” trip also known as “Captain’s Choice” where the captain will decide where you have the best chance of catching a lot of fish. As always, give us a call if you have any questions!
Information Found On This Page
- What Makes Us Different
- What You Need To Reserve A Trip
- What I Provide
- What You Should Bring
- An Explanation Of Each Trip I Offer
- Trip Prices
What makes us different?
If you are calling around for prices please consider this before you decide;
- All of our boats are professionally serviced and clean. You won’t be fishing from a $10,000 piece of junk. Each boat was purchased with a specific purpose in mind. We wanted boats that are comfortable, roomy and able to adapt on the fly when conditions change. These aren’t just boats that we happened to already have. These are charter fishing machines.
- Our tackle is new and typically replaced every year. It won’t fall apart in your hands or cost you a fish.
- We are lifetime residents and fishermen. We didn’t just move here and decide to be guides. I worked my way up from a first mate.
- Not every guide is willing to run as far as necessary to get you on the fish. While it is important for me to make money and provide for my family, I will burn every drop of gas out of the boat if I need to in order to get you on the fish.
- Not every guide includes bait in his prices. My prices include bait.
- I keep it laid back on my boat. I won’t bark at you if we miss a fish. But I am always working for you and doing everything possible to make sure you have a great day of fishing.
- Our language is “kid safe”.
Please know that I am not saying I’m the only good captain here in the Golden Isles. There are several excellent guides and if I am booked or if I don’t feel like I am the best fit to accomplish what you are trying to do, I will gladly refer you to another quality guide with the same standards.
To reserve a fishing trip, we will need:
- Your Email Address
- Cell Phone Number
- The Day You Would Like To Go
- The Length of Trip You Would Like
- Number of People
- A Credit Card Number (the card isn’t charged, only held on file until after your trip)
After you book your fishing trip, I will send you a reservation with the directions to your desired pick up location and all other pertinent information that you will need to know.
Things that are provided on your trip are:
- Bait and Tackle
- A Cooler Iced Down for Your Drinks
- Bottled Water
- Fish Cleaning and Bagging
- Bug Spray (rarely needed)
Although I have sunscreen and bug spray on the boat, I recommend that you bring your own if you have a certain kind that you like.
Things that you should bring are:
- Sunglasses (polarized if you have them. I usually have a spare set on the boat just in case)
- Non Marking Shoes if Possible (Black Soled Shoes Leave Marks on the Boat)
- An Empty Cooler to Leave in Your Car if You Decide to Keep Your Fish
- Anything That You Would Like to Drink Other Than Water (Alcohol is Permitted)
Inshore fishing will take you into the rivers and bays around St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island in search of fish including Sea Trout, Flounder, Redfish, Tripletail, Black Drum, Sheepshead, and more. Most fish range between 12 and 30 inches in length but it is common to see certain species caught that exceed that. This is a great trip for staying in calm waters with great scenery and catching some great eating fish. This is also a great charter if you are concerned about sea sickness or if you really want to see Georgia’s vast marsh eco-system.
Our inshore fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 4 people per boat.
Inshore Fishing for Trout, Redfish, Flounder, Tripletail, Ladyfish, Black Drum, and Sheepshead:
Prices are for 1 to 2 anglers. Add $50 for each additional angler (maximum of 4). Gratuities are not required but are certainly appreciated.
- 4 hours: $550
- 6 hours: $750
- 8 hours: $1000
Shark and Tarpon / Reef / Bull Redfish
Shark and Tarpon fishing charters are our most popular summer trip. These trips take you anywhere from 1 to 8 miles from land but never leave sight of land. Shark and Tarpon are very large fish ranging from 40 pounds to 200 pounds so needless to say, they put up a great fight. This is an excellent trip for larger groups and for those that want to catch the biggest fish possible.
Our shark and tarpon fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 6 people per boat.
Reef fishing charters take you to the reefs between 8 and 15 miles offshore of St. Simons Island. These trips are great for those that want a shorter trip or aren’t comfortable going way offshore. We will target, depending on the season, Sea Bass, Barracuda, Kingfish, Cobia, Sheepshead, Spanish Mackerel, and Spadefish. Reef fishing can be combined with Shark or Tripletail fishing during the summer months. Just let me know if you would like to customize your trip.
Reef fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 4 people per boat.
Bull Redfish charter are a Fall special. The big Redfish move into the sounds, rivers, and the sandbars just off the beach to feed on the abundant baitfish and to spawn. Bull Reds grow to be over 40 inches and put up a great fight. It is not uncommon to have double and triple hook ups or to catch over 10 big Reds on a 4 hour trip. We can also fish for Whiting while we are waiting on the big bites or combine a Bull Red trip with an inshore trip on a full day booking.
Bull Redfish charters are available for 4, 6, or 8 hours and we can accommodate up to 6 people per boat although it is best to keep your group to 4 people or less.
Shark, Tarpon, Bull Redfish, and Reef Fishing out to 10 miles:
All prices cover 1 to 2 anglers. Add $50 for each additional angler. Shark fishing trips can accommodate up to 6 anglers. For Tarpon or Reef Fishing it is best to keep your group to 4 people or less.
- 4 hours: $550
- 6 hours: $750
- 8 hours: $1000
Kids Fishing Trips
Our kids fishing trips are designed to deliver steady action and a variety of species. Our goal is for your children to not have to learn the time honored virtue of patience on this trip. We target fish such as Whiting, Sharks, Bluefish, Stingrays, and anything else that is willing to eat a bait. Sometimes we are even able to net some harmless Cannonball Jellyfish for them to inspect. We let them drive the boat if they want, play with the washdown hose, or chase the bait around the livewell with a dip net… anything for them to have fun fishing.
Our kids fishing trips are 2 hours long and have special pricing.
Kids Fishing Trips for Sharks, Whiting, Bluefish, Stingrays, and anything else that will keep it fun:
Price is for 1 to 3 people. Add $25 for each additional person (maximum of 6)
- 2 hours: $350
- 3 hours: $425
Deep Sea Fishing
I no longer offer offshore fishing trips. I do venture as far out as 15 miles and on certain days, when it makes sense, I go as far as 50 miles. If you would like to go way out to fish, just contact me and I will gladly put you in touch with a qualified guide. I work with the absolute best offshore guides and I would much rather send you with them than have you fend for yourself.
Deep Sea Fishing or “Offshore Fishing” as you will hear most locals refer to it, takes you as far as 50 miles offshore depending on the length of trip that you book, current fishing conditions, and your comfort level. This is a serious trip for hardcore anglers. We target anything from Sea Bass, Snapper, Grouper and other bottom dwellers to Kingfish, Cobia, Barracuda, Mahi, and Amberjack. All are great to eat and fun to catch.
We aim to please, so if you prefer to troll, bottom fish, or cast light tackle just let us know and we will customize your trip so that you spend your day doing what you like most. Of course, we are always willing to help you decide based on what we are seeing out on the water.
Our deep sea fishing charters are available for 4, 6, and 8 hour trips and accommodate up to 6 people.
Deep Sea Fishing out to 30 miles for Kingfish, Amberjack, Sea Bass, Spadefish, Cobia, and Barracuda:
Prices cover 1 to 2 anglers. Add $50 for each additional angler (maximum of 6).
- 6 hours: $1100
- 8 hours: $1200
- 10 hours: $1,650
- Snapper Banks trips: Full day 40 miles live bottom $1650