July was an incredibly busy and productive month. The weather was very cooperative for which we are thankful. The inshore bite remained steady in spite of flood tides and extreme heat.
As previously reported, the Shark bite was crazy good and the Tarpon are offering just as much adventure. August will be prime for Shark/Tarpon so call soon to reserve your trip. When reserving your Tarpon trip, remember you will need a minimum of 6 hours. This will give you adequate time to find and catch the live bait, then move on to the Tarpon hunt.
We received a lot of reservations for Kid’s Trips in July and had a blast seeing the youngsters get excited about fishing and being on the water. For the most part the kids and families were polite and respectful. However, there were some who pushed our patients to the limit and usually it was the adults. As we look forward to Kid’s Trips in August, please be reminded of a few things:
- The trip is designed for children under the age of 12.
- The children will be the focus of the trip.
- Ensuring the children are catching fish and remaining engaged in the experience is our top priority.
- The children will be the first to catch fish.
- We will fish for Whiting and small Shark to give the children the best opportunity to experience something on the hook.
- And lastly, it is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!
Thank you to everyone who made this summer exciting and fun to be a fishing guide! Looking forward to ending the summer with Tarpon, and starting the fall with Bull Reds.